Vibrant Havana - 4 nights & 5 days
July 6-10, 2018
Total cost: $999
Deposit: $500 per person (non-refundable and included in price)
*Scroll down to see what is included/not included in the price
*Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue all fly to Cuba. Look to arrive in Havana in the morning/afternoon of the 6th.
*balance due 30 days before the trip
*Please make sure you read the Booking Terms & Conditions before booking*
Day 1 HAVANA
- Airport pickup and transfer to the casa particular (guesthouse)
- Arrive in the captivating city of Havana
- Tune in to the rhythms of the locals with a Cuban salsa dance lesson
- Welcome dinner
- Meals included: dinner
Day 2 HAVANA
- Explore Old Havana and enjoy an architectural tour
- Browse through art work of local artists
- Tour around the different neighborhoods in Havana by a classic convertible + get to learn about the history of the city
- Meals included: breakfast + lunch
Day 3 DAY TRIP TO VIÑALES (3-hour trip from Havana - included)
- Travel to Viñales
- Hike* through a lush picturesque valley (stunning views included)
- Learn to hand-roll a cigar like a pro
- Absorb the flow and culture of rural Cuban life
- Meals included: breakfast + lunch
*Hike is not steep or hilly. It's a long stroll about 35 minutes each direction
Day 4 HAVANA
- Beach day!!
- Meals included: breakfast + dinner
Day 5 HAVANA
- Transportation to the airport
- Return home with good vibes and a beat you just can't shake
- Group photographer to capture your journey - 10 edited images delivered to you daily + an additional batch of photos a few weeks after the trip
- Accommodation for 4 nights
- Transportation to and from the airport
- In-country transportation (public transport: shared taxis and buses)
- Meals as noted
- Activities as noted
- Airfare in and out of the country
- Mandatory travel insurance
- Health insurance*
- Other incidental expenses (just ask if you're not sure)
- Alcohol, except where noted
Accommodations: We will be staying in casas particulares (homestays), which are similar to a bed and breakfast. Cuban homes are so charming and vibrant, you're gonna love 'em!
This trip will include 6 shared rooms. If you sign up with someone else, you will be paired up with that person. Otherwise, you will be assigned a roomie. We will put you and your roomie in contact before the trip! More details regarding accommodation will be shared upon purchase of the trip.
Americans Traveling to Cuba: This trip is permitted through the "people-to-people general license category" authorized by the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control. This itinerary is intended to provide a cultural experience and meaningful interactions with Cubans.
*Health Insurance: Cuban authorities require proof of health insurance upon entering the country. Save a printed copy of your policy ready to show. If you don't have proof of health coverage upon arriving, you will be required to purchase Cuban medical insurance for the duration of your trip, which will run about $3 per day.
What to expect in Cuba: While we try our best to stick to the itinerary, traveling in Cuba requires flexibility and changes to accommodation, transportation, and activities may occur. Cuban infrastructure has not been maintained according to western standards, hot water may be minimal, wifi connection may be slow when available, and the general pacing is slow but vibrant. Bring your sense of adventure and enjoy the moment!
Pricing: The trip cost is $999 per person. A $500 initial non-refundable deposit per person is required to reserve your spot and is included in this total price. Final payment is due no later than 30 days prior to departure. All payments must be made by credit card.