2018 Trip dates: February 23 - 27, 2018
Vibrant Havana - 5 days
The legends are true. Postcard sites and vibrant cultural assaults on your senses! This is Cuba. It all starts in Old Havana where national pride and tradition radiate like heat waves from the cobbled streets, and life flows to the pulse of vintage roadsters and Caribbean beats.
Your adventure in the Caribbean's most celebrated city includes colonial architecture, salsa dancing with the locals, and mingling with Cuban artists. And if something unexpected pops up (it will), we may just steer from the itinerary and into a whole new adventure - that's just how it goes in Old Havana.
From Havana, we'll travel to Viñales where you'll ride horseback through lush tobacco farms and learn to roll a classic Cuban cigar like a pro.
Come and experience the warmth and color of Cuba with us!
The donation portion of the trip will help supply the day-to-day products for local families in need. Personal hygiene products that are easy for us to access such as deodorant, soap, toothpaste, and first aid supplies like Tylenol and other basic necessities, are not as easily accessible to Cubans. The rations they receive are meager and oftentimes, there is a shortage of items. This means that many families do not receive the basic necessities they need. We will be bringing these supplies with us and will deliver them to either a church, orphanage, or directly to Cuban families at our discretion.
A photo album of your cuban adventure is part of the fun!
A few weeks after your trip, you will receive all your most treasured moments, captured for you and printed on classic archival paper. We believe moments are meant to be felt and captured, and they are meant to be tangible!
$1499 EARLY SIGN UP / $1699 REGULAR SIGN UP
DEPOSIT: $500 PER PERSON
REMAINDER DUE: 30 DAYS BEFORE TRIP DATE
Day 1 HAVANA
- Airport pickup and transfer to the casa particular (guesthouse)
- Arrive in the captivating city of Havana
- Welcome dinner + meet other travelers
- Meals included: dinner
Day 2 HAVANA
- Explore Old Town Havana and enjoy an architectural tour
- Savor a tasty churro (or two) while exploring Old Havana
- Browse through art work of local artists
- Meals included: breakfast + lunch + dinner + churro
Day 3 DAY TRIP TO VIÑALES (3-hour trip from Havana - included)
- Travel to Viñales
- Horseback ride through a lush picturesque valley (stunning views included)
- Learn to hand-roll a cigar like a pro
- Absorb the flow and culture of rural Cuban life
- Meals included: breakfast + lunch
Day 4 HAVANA
- Tune in to the rhythms of the locals with a Cuban dance class
- Spend the evening mingling with up-and-coming artists in an incredible art space
- Meals included: breakfast + lunch
Day 5 HAVANA
- Transportation to the airport
- Return home with good vibes and a beat you just can't shake
*EARLY SIGN UP PRICE FOR THE february 23, 2018 TRIP ENDS ON december 23, 2017
February 23 - 27, 2018
- Photo album with 75+ images, delivered a few weeks after the trip ends
- Accommodation for 4 nights
- Transportation to and from the airport
- In-country transportation (public transport: shared taxis and buses)
- Meals as noted
- Activities as noted
- Airfare in and out of the country
- Mandatory travel insurance
- Health insurance*
- Other incidental expenses (just ask if you're not sure)
- Alcohol, except where noted
Accommodations: We will be staying in casas particulares (homestays), which are similar to a bed and breakfast. Cuban homes are so charming and vibrant, you're gonna love 'em!
This trip will include 6 shared rooms. If you sign up with someone else, you will be paired up with that person. Otherwise, you will be assigned a roomie. We will put you and your roomie in contact before the trip! More details regarding accommodation will be shared upon purchase of the trip.
Americans Traveling to Cuba: This trip is permitted through the "people-to-people general license category" authorized by the Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control. This itinerary is intended to provide a cultural experience and meaningful interactions with Cubans.
*Health Insurance: Cuban authorities require proof of health insurance upon entering the country. Save a printed copy of your policy ready to show. If you don't have proof of health coverage upon arriving, you will be required to purchase Cuban medical insurance for the duration of your trip, which will run about $3 per day.
What to expect in Cuba: While we try our best to stick to the itinerary, traveling in Cuba requires flexibility and changes to accommodation, transportation, and activities may occur. Cuban infrastructure has not been maintained according to western standards, hot water may be minimal, wifi connection may be slow when available, and the general pacing is slow but vibrant. Bring your sense of adventure and enjoy the moment!
Pricing: The trip cost is $1499 per person during early signup, and $1699 after early signup. A $500 deposit per person is required to reserve your spot. Final payment is due no later than 30 days prior to departure. All payments must be made by credit card.